Zepto Ransomware appears to be a new variant of Locky. Had a client hit with it last night and it was very hard to find any information about this. There appears to be a thread here and there but that is it. Can’t detect the thing easily. At first I ran malwarebytes and came up with nothing. I found a google search hit that said to use spyhunter 4. Right now that is the only program I have found to detect it.
When you go to the TOR sight it lists it says it costs 2 bitcoin for the ransom. That is over $1200 as of 6/29. That’s crazy.
I am going to try a few different programs to see it can detect. Don’t want to purchase spyhunter right now.
- Malwarebytes has not detected it
- ADw cleaner has not detected it
- Spyhunter 4 HAS detected it
- ESET Online Scanner has not detected it
- Kaspersky Internet Security has not detected zepto