If your file explorer closes almost immediately after you tried to open it in Windows 10 then I would suggest the resolution below. I found 3 other solutions but only this one worked for my situation. I found it first at 4IT Support.
- Right Click on the file explorer icon.
- Select any pinned folder.
- In the “View” tab go to the far right and click the word “options”
- Select “change folder and search options”
- In the “open File Explorer to” box select “this pc”
- Click the “Clear” button next
Enjoy your fixed file explorer!