This is how I brought my Cisco 7961G back to life. Many hours later but here are my notes.
I used TFTpd32 as my tftpd software but I wasn’t having any luck with the DHCP piece for the 1 of my 2 7961G phones. Prior to this last brick I had at one point been successful with a flash to SIP but then the next test it failed and I was back to square one.
In a nutshell:
- I had to set both option 66 and option 150 to the ip address. I made sure that the name included “”
- I took the handset off the phone. Weird. I know but it was on the Cisco site as a possibility.
- I used my router for the DHCP server and Tftpd for the tftp server and as the dns server
- That Hex stuff..didn’t work
- I used the firmware from the file called cmterm-7941-7961-sccp.8-0-3.zip
- I added an XMLDefault.cnf.xml file and changed the one line inside it
My next challenge is to get it upgraded.